Hi folks! I've made my first incredibly simple synth patch, and thought I'd share it. I would love any advice or critiques on how to make it sound cooler.
It's a modification of the Minimoog setup -- 3 oscs (sin/tri/sqr/pwm) and pink noise, but with an additional sine suboscillator tuned down an octave. It routes like the Moog: oscs -> vcf -> vca, but there's an additional filter on the noise generator so you can filter it independently of the main filter, for weird sounds.
I've got ADSR envelopes and LFOs for both VCA and VCF for fun. I think I'd like to add a simple delay and Juno-style chorusing to it, but for now this is what I've got as my startup patch on my Axoloti.
I know it's day one stuff, but it might be useful for someone else just starting out to figure out how to do things like have UI switches for oscillators, etc.
I'm learning how to do hardware, and I'm building a USB-MIDI interface for it with an Arduino that's got all my controls laid out the way I want them. It'll run into a Raspberry Pi that I've got essentially summing up and displaying MIDI messages from my various controllers, since the Axoloti can't deal with MIDI devices on a hub. (Plus it displays the current control name and value, and the Pi's IP address, on an LCD.)
Lemme know if you dig it and how I might improve the sound!
[Edited to update patch because I somehow disconnected stuff and didn't notice.)
JZSynth.axp (23.2 KB)