Hi everyone! Been a while since I've played with my Axoloti and since I'm stuck at home right now I decided to get back into the hobby!
I made a gigantic breakout board(s) thing with 32 potentiometers (kbobs) to control the Axoloti. The results were great! Nice, stable connections with little-to-no noise.
One half of it connects directly to the Axoloti. The other is a custom made midi controller which adds a solid 16 pots. I could have added 16 switches or buttons but figured this version needs to be simple so I can understand what I would (and did) get wrong
A couple years ago I did a very similar project but the connections were made with home made ribbon cables which were flimsy and noisy and time consuming to make so I decided to just make one huge board with all the bells ans whistles...
...only to find out that its REALLY expensive to do that soooo I decided to just break up the board into small modules and then stitch them all together at home...takes about 20 minutes and saves about $500 or something like that.
bah anyways, here's a peek at what I'm working on. I need to fix some measurements and I plan on adding LEDs, Switches and a bunch of gpio ins and outs to allow for multiple axolotis to be connected to each other resulting in super crazy powerful synth goodness!
If anyone is interest I'll likely have about 4 extra hats available...I could throw them up on etsy or something!
Here's a video of the hat in action...it looks janky but it works surprisingly well.
Next version Im working on will fix some measurement issues and make things a lot tighter......I have a few dozen slide potentiometers coming in the mail and when they arrive I'm totally going to add them into the mix