lots of tech talk on the forum, anyone fancy a simple challenge to tip the balance the other way a little ?
Challenge: make a 'piece' of music using Axoloti
any style, any duration... any definition of the term music
submit as many as you have time for, but must be made between now and end date (15th March and 29th March) - no previously released stuff.
no votes this time, its all about sitting down and making some music, here and now with Axoloti.
End date: 29th March (two weeks from now)
Restrictions: just one, all sound generated and effects used must come from Axoloti, so you cannot use external synths or effects (software or hardware) - thats it.
to keep it as open as possible:
- you can use daws or other hardware for multi-tracking/loop/sequence/mixing or whatever
- you can use samples in axoloti
- as you can multi track, you can of course use as many axoloti patches as you wish
mixing, I guess we can allow some subtle eq/compression, but lets keep it subtle, unless its done in Axoloti, then it can be as wild as you like
this means no clever patching/programming is required, some simple axoloti patches are all you need, and you can glue it together with other tools you have.
of course, this is fully inclusive... if your thing is detailed patching/sound design/generative music, thats welcome too, whatever floats your boat.
Submission: post a link to soundcloud, you tube etc in this thread.
please make sure its an embedded link, people are unlikely to want to start downloading, and visiting other sites.
if you wish, you can also share any patch or patches in the community library, but this is not a requirement for this challenge.
- for those just starting out, the tutorial and demo patches give the basics for all you need for this challenge
- for those who may not have been keeping up with axoloti development, 1.0.12 introduced some new oscillators (brds) and effects (clds,rngs,lmnts) - with these you can easily create nice effects and instruments e.g. a brds oscillator into a rngs/reverb, is simple but really effective, that anyone can patch in minutes
- the community library has a lot of objects covering many areas, just don't get overwhelmed in the choice.
Hopefully wherever you are on your Axoloti journey, you can join in and have some fun, and use it as an excuse to 'focus on the music'
(any thoughts/suggestions, feel free to post below)