But it still works if you just change a few letters. An example:
The uuid of ctrl/i:
And I change it to:
( only changed letter 12 and 13. Switched the A & E around Couldnt highlight it for some reason).
And I do the same with the sha....
It has worked everytime. It might come up as red in the Axoloti talkback window.. But it DOES work.... The problem is if you dont change the uuid and the sha axoloti thinks it is refering to the already exisiting object. THat also means everytime you try to reload a patch with the new verison in it will load the old version instead.. So change uuid, sha and also name and it will work
Don't use Textedit.. I tried that and it does not work for editing axo objects for some reason.. use Textwrangler. It is free and works very well