hardc0re k1ck (midi version) is a midi-controllable version of the original hardc0re k1ck patch with added functionalities, made to be controlled by the Hohum Labs Axoctrl.
original patch video (original version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEki-13pIAk18
new video coming soon for midi version
Inspired by hardcore, speedcore & gabber music, the original hardc0re k1ck is an attempt to turn the Axoloti into a functional self-contained club-ready music box. It contains a kick drum synth (hard kick), distortion & glitch effects (neuro fx).
The main difference is that in the midi version, the pattern generator (aka ‘gener8r’) is now replaced by a midi control module (c0ntr0l)
With this version, you can play the kick & the cymbal with midi notes so that you’re not constrained to a set of patterns and you can sequence the midi by yourself.
- playable via midi channel 1 as kick & channel 2 as cymbal
- no internal pattern generator (use your own midi controller/sequencer)
- additional high-pass filter on the cymbal
- added VU meter
- adjustable kick volume
- decay env in neuro fx now triggered by both kick & cymbal (instead of just triggered by the kick)
- better decay range in neuro fx
This guide only focuses on using the 'c0ntr0l' page. The guide for using the 'hard kick' & 'neuro fx' can be found here.
The kick drum is triggered either via midi channel 1 or by pressing the kick trigger button
The cymbal is triggered either via midi channel 2 or by pressing the cymbal trigger button on the c0ntr0l page
The "pitch" shows the midi note value of the kick
- PC0: triggers the cymbal
- kickvol: volume of kick (turn this down if the kick sound has covered the cymbal sound)
- v>filt: kick velocity to filter amount
- v>p env: kick velocity to kick pitch envelope amount
- v>cym: cymbal velocity to volume amount
- cym vol: volume of cymbal
- hpf: high pass filter for the cymbal
- env: envelope amount applied to the hpf
- cym len: cymbal's decay time or length