So I finally came back do this project
I've created a harmonizer that is capable of pitch shifting the incoming audio according to the midi note input. Long story short it can transform your monophonic synth into a polyphonic synth
Designed to work with Axoctrl knob/button layout
It is designed to work in a similar fashion to how the Poly-Box worked:
- input continues tone (drone) in to the axoloti left audio in
- press tune button (button 7) to switch to tune mode
- set the audio in pitch (knob 8) and gain (knob 16) - you will hear pilot tone and the note number will be visible on display, scope will present audio in signal
- press tune button to switch back to play mode
- set envelope parameters (knobs 10-13)
- play on your keyboard
There is also an additional delayed pitch LFO (per voice, with retrigger on note on):
- LFO rate (knob 14)
- LFO amount (knob 15)
Voice count: 4 (77% DSP used)
Patch is available on my github: harmonizer.axp
Sidenote: This pitch shifter is delay based, possibly a less DSP heavy approach can be taken using SSB modulation, i.e. using bode frequency shifter. I've made na attempt but did not figure out the correct math do use note number for frequency shifting yet.
I'm planing on adding additional mode with harmonizer behaviour (feed a single tone in the audio in and get chords on audio out). Or maybe I will do it as a separate instrument?
Also, stereo voice spread could be a nice addition.
BTW Anyone know about an object to display adsr envelope times in string format?