A couple of years ago I embarked on a project to run Axoloti on the Audiothiniges P6, complete with a configurable menu system which used the 24x2 character LCD, 6 rotary encoders, and 9 pushbottons on the P6. The idea was to provide an infrastructure to make it easy to a) create a menu system where one could navigate using the buttons, and b) configure which Axoloti parameters were to be mapped to encoders in the various menus.
I got quite far, so that it works and I've used it for my own projects, but it still leaves a lot to be desired so I've never uploaded more than some of the constituent objects (http://community.axoloti.com/t/ricard-contributions/4311). It was a while ago so probably would need some work to be compatible with the current Axoloti framework.
(I checked the Axoloti archives to see how much of this I've published in any way, but I think it's only been my original P6 thread (http://community.axoloti.com/t/running-axoloti-on-an-audiothingies-p6/1443), which just highlights the LCD driver but not the menu system).
The trickiest part I seem to remember was actually interfacing with the Axoloti parameter system. Basically, I wanted to be able to map any runtime adjustable parameter in any Axoloti object to a knob in a menu, i.e. not just provide a bunch of control signals which needed to be individually patched to the appropriate object inputs.