Release 1.0.11 is now available on https://github.com/axoloti/axoloti/releases
There is no need to update or re-install the runtime, it has not been changed since version 1.0.3.
Most important: backup your patches before upgrading, in case of undetected showstoppers, patched saved in 1.0.11 can not be opened in version 1.0.10
if you want to initially run the new version of Axoloti alongside your existing version, please see this post.
once you have installed, and started using 1.0.11, please could you complete this poll so we can track how many are using each OS version. thanks.
as this is a 'production release' it replaces all previous releases (including test releases, which are no longer supported). please report issues in separate threads, not this 'announcement thread'.
(tagging posts with 1.0.11 is useful)
- on Linux you need to run
sudo cp /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts /opt/Axoloti/runtime/lib/security/cacerts
in a terminal to resolve this error
Sync (pull) FAILED : factory (1.0.11,anon)
org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.TransportException: https://github.com/axoloti/axoloti-factory.git: cannot open git-upload-pack
see this post for details
- Improved object editor workflow, it is no longer required to close/open the editor while a patch is live, changes will propagate when the patch goes un-live.
- Undo: a first implementation of undo is made, the downside is that it actually completely reloads the patch, making it a bit slow with big patches.
- Improved USB-MIDI host stability.
- Firmware flashing and entering sdcard-reader mode failed when a USB device was plugged in the USB host connector.
- Improved graphics rendering performance, also solved the high cpu load on Mac
- Random number generation is improved, making use of the on-chip true random number generator. For speed, it is not purely using the true random number generator, but I think it will be hard to detect patterns unless you're specifically looking.
- When Axoloti Core is running a patch from flash memory, sdcard startup, or patch bank, the main screen will show which one is actually running. Pressing "connect" will no longer stop a running patch.
Did NOT make it into this release:
- Zoom: the approach taken couldn't get stable
- Linking: some experimental development is done towards interconnecting Axoloti Core's to exchange multichannel digital audio data. I have not given up on the development of this feature, but did not want to delay this release for this feature.
- Code documentation using Doxygen: again, I did not want to delay this release
- Theme editor - to build your own color scheme for the patch editor
And also that would not be end of ongoing efforts.
Huge thanks to @thetechnobear and @urklang for their significant contributions in the development!
And - while a new release is independent of the contributed object and patch libraries - I also want to express my deep appreciation for the people contributing to those parts. And really also everyone, whether involved on the forum, posting a demo on e.g. Soundcloud, organizing a local workshop, designing add-ons, or - let's not forget - just playing!
Full log of changes ("commits") compared to 1.0.10
I'm updating the release notes to summarize discussion below. I've also trimmed the discussion and removed references to the (broken) Theme editor that is now removed from the revised release. Just to keep the discussion relevant for readers. If you have downloaded the 1.0.11 release before 29 Aug 1:30AM CEST, then Theme edit button is still enabled, no need to download and install again as long as you're aware that it does not work properly.