In this 2 days masterclass artist and computational designer Jan Vantomme will share his knowledge on Axoloti, a new open-source platform to build synthesizers, drum machines, audio effects and other weird instruments. The platform consists of the Axoloti Core microcontroller board, and the Axoloti Patcher software.
The topics that he will address are:
* Basics of synth terminology: what is an oscillator, envelope or fillter?
* Sound design: what components to use to create a bassline, a lead sound or snare drum?
* Exploring rhythm: building sequencers and drum machines
* Audio effects: create effects like flangers, or delays for your synthesizer patches, or use the Axoloti board as an effects processor for guitars
* Controlling the Axoloti: connecting MIDI controllers or electronic components like buttons, potentiometers and distance sensors
* Strategies to use Axoloti to create an interactive audio installation.
This workshop is primarily aimed at artists, musicians and/or makers who want to learn about sound design, creating performance instruments or interactive audio installations.
The workshop is in English. Q/A can be in Dutch and French.
Price: 160€ for 2 days (including the Axoloti Core and a digital version of the book Getting Started with Axoloti).
More info: www.imal.org/en/masterclass/axoloti2018