I will give an introduction to Axoloti to the art collective Forum Lenteng (https://forumlenteng.org/en/) in Jakarta on 13th November. They might use the Axoloti already for their upcoming event at Goethe Institut in Jakarta in the 69 Performance Club series; the next edition will concentrate on the use of sound in performance art.
I'll do the intro in two parts and let them play with the Axoloti and some electronic components between and after. The aim is to give them a basic understanding of what Axoloti can be used for and what not. Then it's up to them to decide if and how they want to use it of course.
Topics will include:
PART 1: Basic Synth & Controls
- Basic synth: oscillator - envelope - filter + MIDI controller input
- Analog GPIO: potentiometer, switches, light sensor
- Simple sequencer
PART 2: Samples, Loops & Effects
- single track looper for mic (audio) input
- drum machine with pre-recorded samples in .raw format
- effects: tremolo with LFO, panning with LFO, delay & echo, reverb, pitch-shifter, etc.
Their greatest interest goes out to the second part; the first part is more a vehicle to demonstrate some basic possibilities. However, the topics I address there are very very basic, since sampling is not really my area. I'm looking for other interesting techniques for sample manipulation now. If anyone has a nice idea or is willing to share an impressive patch that can be used with mic input, that would be very welcome, even after the date of the intro here.