hi there, these are just some build pics of my aftertouch mod for the axis-49 controller. i always missed aftertouch on this controller, and so i thought i add it myself. i am using an analog in on the axoloti to read the fsr sensor and it works great!!
1) made some "springs" to give the axis a feel...(so i have some small distance for the fsr to do it's magic, also the topside of the axis can bounce back when not touched, so that the fsr goes back to zero:
2) made some space for the springs at the narrower end, cut back the plastic shafts that supported the pcb in order to add a flat surface for the FSRs:
3) flat surface for the fsrs in place (a piece of wood really):
4) add the fsr's (cut up of a long fsr, i made several other short strips out of this one):
5) fsr's soldered to a jack, that can be connected to the axoloti:
6) "even" out the pcb with some foamy material, so the pressure gets spread evenly across the pcb when a button is pressed, also add support for the springs on the side, where the pcb is not present (wood again):
7) add foamy material to the place where screws from the bottom meet the top, in order for the springs not to scratch the pcb (not on a picture)
8) in the process also fixed a dead key on the axis, one half of a surface mount "double-diode" had died, so i replaced it with a 1n4148.